Rob Allen Australia
Born into a life of fishing and coastal life, Rob Allen was 22 years of age when he first decided to take the plunge into the Ocean with a Speargun. Working for the Natal Shark board at the time, his office was the Sea and the experience awakened something within him that changed his mission in life like nothing else ever had.
A fisherman first and foremost as a young man, spearfishing confirmed many of the ideas and concepts he had about fish behaviour, their seasonality and the way they reacted to things in the water. Rob with this growing curiosity and desire to improve upon the quality of his catch each dive, started tinkering with the guns he was using at the time and developing his own products.
Living at the famous game fishing grounds of Cape Vidal, Rob’s day to day work in his position as a Marine Ranger saw him spending countless hours on the water testing and perfecting his guns and new-found passion for spearfishing. Rob Allen’s early designs were often questioned by South African divers, as they were much bigger and longer than what was available and used at the time. However, the results were speaking for themselves. Rob Allen was taking more big fish at longer range than any of his counterparts and it wasn’t long until people started to take stand up and take note of what he was doing.
With more and more people wanting to achieve the same results, Rob Allen started building more and more guns and eventually unable to keep up with the demand, in 1988, made the bold decision to leave his job as a Marine Ranger and embarked on building and marketing spearguns to the broader market on a full time basis. The rest, as they say, is history!
- Key Features New improved double strength Carbon Barrel Individually air...$779.00 – $949.00 inc GST
4 payments from $194.75
- The Rob Allen roller gun has been a labour of...$819.00 inc GST
4 payments of $204.75
- Extruded carbon rail barrel for Rob Allen guns.$549.00 – $679.00 inc GST
4 payments from $137.25
- The Rob Allen Nomad railgun would have to be the...$639.00 inc GST
4 payments of $159.75
- All the features of the best-selling RA Tuna Railgun now...$579.00 inc GST
4 payments of $144.75
- Where to start! The Rob Allen Sparid would have to...$509.00 inc GST
4 payments of $127.25
- The Rob Allen Scorpia would have to be the best...$399.00 inc GST
4 payments of $99.75
- Manufactured from aircraft grade aluminium with a wall thickness of...$79.00 – $99.00 inc GST
4 payments from $19.75
Masks, Snorkels & Fins
- When one of the worlds most experienced spearfishing manufacturers turns...$699.00 inc GST
4 payments of $174.75
- One of the best fitting, most durable freediving fins available...$159.00 inc GST
4 payments of $39.75
- Low volume and excellent visibility. Split lens, low volume mask...$119.00 – $129.00 inc GST
4 payments from $29.75
- Rob Allen wanted to ensure that the Snapper fit perfectly...$109.00 – $119.00 inc GST
4 payments from $27.25
- Those that love the fit and vision of a single...$109.00 inc GST
4 payments of $27.25
- The perfect addition to your Rob Allen mask. Large bore...$44.00 inc GST
4 payments of $11.00
- Features a side pocket designed to accommodate fins Top pocket...$229.00 inc GST
4 payments of $57.25
- The Rob Allen Tanker Gun Bag is a must for...$199.00 inc GST
4 payments of $49.75
- A top pocket to hold smaller items like your mask...$199.00 inc GST
4 payments of $49.75
- Padded gun bag to ensure the maximum amount of protection...$189.00 inc GST
4 payments of $47.25
- Mesh draining bag allows for wet gear storage Wash your...$119.00 inc GST
4 payments of $29.75
- Minimalist & light design for moderate transit conditions Engineered from...$109.00 inc GST
4 payments of $27.25
- Small profile, heavy duty mesh net bag Ideal for storing...$35.00 – $39.00 inc GST
4 payments from $8.75
- $29.00 inc GST
4 payments of $7.25
- High-visibility yellow for diver safety Inflatable design convenient for travel...$199.00 – $299.00 inc GST
4 payments from $49.75
- High-visibility orange for diver safety The tough polyethylene shell resists...$189.00 – $209.00 inc GST
4 payments from $47.25
- The Rob Allen 4mm floatline, have been the work-horse of...$35.00 – $45.00 inc GST
4 payments from $8.75
- Suitable for 7 or 12 Litre Foam Float$29.00 inc GST
4 payments of $7.25
Gun Rubbers & Line
- Rob Allen Dynema 1.9 spear line’s 180kg breaking strain braided...$2.50 – $129.00 inc GST
4 payments from $0.63
- Rob Allen Dynema 1.9 spear line’s 180kg breaking strain braided...$3.00 – $129.00 inc GST
4 payments from $0.75
- Highest quality Rob Allen latex rubber Dyneema cord bridle secured...$52.00 – $78.00 inc GST
4 payments from $13.00
- Rob Allen pre-made power bands have been a favourite with...$50.00 – $72.00 inc GST
4 payments from $12.50
- *Per Metre$2.00 inc GST
4 payments of $0.50
- Per Metre$2.00 inc GST
4 payments of $0.50
With a growing demand for commercially built products, Rob Allen expanded his operation bringing on partner and shareholder Jeremy Williams. Jeremy, like Rob, was born into the Ocean, growing up off the KwaZulu-Natal coast. Jeremy began his spearfishing adventures as far back as 1974 and with off the shelf guns non-existent at the time, Jeremey like many pioneers of the sport, was forced to build his own spearguns.
With a passion for reef fish and spearing in caves Jeremy brought an amazingly complimentary skill set to the Rob Allen product development team. Much of his early diving was focused and perfected in competition, so he knew what divers in these environments wanted in their guns. A skilled engineer by trade, Jeremey by the mid 80’s was doing things never done before with Spearguns, such as experimenting with high-grade aluminium, spring steel and even carbon fibre.
His passion for competition has kept him at the forefront of the industry. Early on representing South Africa on the world stage in competition and in later years acting as a Coach and Manager to the National team. This continued involvement allowed him to maintain and continue to develop his knowledge of the sport, well beyond that of competitors.
The Rob Allen brand name has grown exponentially over the years. Rob and Jeremy’s products are synonymous with strength, quality, simplicity and durability. Cutting edge innovation coupled with these qualities, makes for a brand of speargun world renowned as “simply the best”. Distribution has expanded into more that 40 countries around the globe, none bigger than the Spearfishing Australia network found across Australia.
In March 2010, scuba diving distribution company Australian Underwater Product (now facing consumers as Spearfishing Australia), made its entry into the Spearfishing marketplace by acquiring the exclusive rights to the Rob Allen brand within Australia and started its long-term relationship with Rob & Jeremy. Whilst strong at the time, the Rob Allen business within the Australian market, has grown year on year since 2010 to become by far the most the dominant brand within the marketplace today. The dedicated team of active Spearos at Spearfishing Australia, not only live and breath Rob Allen, they also have a huge input into the design and development of products. Neil Dorrian, NSW area representative says; “creating products with Rob & Jeremy that are suited specifically to the Australian waters and the needs of our local divers is the most exciting part of my role.” “Personally testing a product in the field, making tweaks and changes to the performance and having input into the look of a new Rob Allen product, gets me out of bed each day”, states Bjorn Neilson, QLD area representative. Adrian Briggs CEO Spearfishing Australia, says; “Our relationship with Rob, Jeremy and the Rob Allen brand, is like no other brand that we distribute” ” We work with them so closely on concepts and ideas across product, price and marketing, that we really feel an integral part of the brand and the Rob Allen team”, states Briggs. Spearfishing Australia is a collective of retail partners and diving professionals across Australia, dedicated to supplying the best support and products, like Rob Allen, too divers country wide.
One brand, so many records
Rob Allen spearguns, particularly the range of rail guns, have captured more world records than any other. With so many World Record fish being landed by Rob Allen gear it is a testament to the effectiveness against some of the fastest, most powerful fish in the ocean. When faced with that fish of a lifetime, you can rely on Rob Allen. From scoring your first personal best in local waters using the entry level design of the Rob Allen Scorpia, to ticking off the largest pelagic species from your wish list with one of the new roller guns, with drop barb shaft configuration, Rob Allen has your equipment needs covered.
The rest is up to you.
Rob Allen Lifetime Warranty
Rob Allen in conjunction with Spearfishing Australia offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty upgrade for all Rob Allen Spearguns purchased from an authorised reseller within Australia or online from www.spearfishingaustralia.com. Limited Lifetime Warranty coverage will only apply to products purchased in Australia, accompanied by proof of purchase and those that are registered correctly and in-full within the Spearfishing Australia Warranty database.
Spearfishing Australia warrants that it will fix, repair or replace any defective Rob Allen Speargun as described above, at no cost to the consumer other than the expense of the consumer returning any defective product to their nearest Spearfishing Australia (SA) Partner. Spearguns may also be returned directly to Spearfishing Australia Head office. After service, the Speargun will then be returned to the SA Partner for collection, or to the Consumer at no cost, with the balance of the applicable warranty intact.
All Rob Allen Spearguns sold within Australia are provided with a 12 month Warranty. This 12 month warranty will cover against any defects in materials, workmanship and performance to product specifications. Registered product will have the warranty upgraded from 12 months to Limited Lifetime, please refer to what the upgraded Warranty actually covers below.
Conditions for Limited Lifetime Warranty Upgrade:
- The Rob Allen speargun details must be registered with Spearfishing Australia within 30 days of purchase. This registration should be completed online, by you or the Spearfishing Australia Partner you purchased from. You can register your product online here: www.spearfishingaustralia.com/rob-allen-registration
- It is the consumers sole responsibility to ensure that the product is registered.
- The Rob Allen Speargun must only be used as intended for normal recreational fishing purposes.
- Only Rob Allen spearguns purchased within Australia are applicable to the Warranty upgrade.
- Only Rob Allen spearguns purchased via authorised Spearfishing Australia Partners or via www.spearfishingaustralia.com are applicable to the Warranty Upgrade.
- This warranty shall be void if the speargun has been tampered with or modified by a person (or persons) not authorised by Rob Allen and Spearfishing Australia to perform such service.
- The warranty is non transferable and extends to the original purchaser only.
- Normal wear and tear as determined by age and usage is excluded from the Rob Allen Limited Lifetime Warranty.
- Perishable and consumable items, including but not limited to Gun Rubbers, Gun Bungees, Bridles, Shooting Line, Crimps and Shafts are excluded from the Limited Lifetime Warranty.
- To maintain this Limited Lifetime Warranty, you must maintain your own proof of purchase.
Please note that this warranty is offered in addition to any other rights that the consumer may have under Australian Consumer Law (ACL). Additionally, failure to register eligible product does not diminish the consumers warranty rights.
Genuine Rob Allen Rubber
Rob Allen has been working with latex tubing for spearguns for years. Testing and retesting until he found the right manufacturer and mix to ensure his guns have the best, most consistent bands, to ensure accuracy over hundreds of shots. Rob Allens focus was on offering a latex band that could maintain its tension for as long as possible. The focus for Rob was to have a rubber that could be cut to peak performance, (say 60kg tension) when loaded, but only loose a couple kg’s of tension after an extended period (say 40min). This is important in maintaining accuracy and speed. It’s what makes the difference between genuine Rob Allen rubber and cheaper brands. Many other bands will load up to a peak tension of say 60kg but then within 5-10min will drop back down to 44-46kg, so they are losing large amounts of power over a short time, thus affecting spear trajectory, accuracy and speed.
The key is consistent quality of the raw material latex and the manufacturing technique and environment. Rob Allen rubber is a laminated pure latex core with a UV resistant outer layer. Testament to the quality and performance of the genuine Rob Allen Rubber is reflected in the sales across Australia. Since taking over the brand in 2010, Spearfishing Australia has sold over 100,000 metres of rubber enough to circle an olympic 400m track some 250 times.
Rob Allen rubber is available in 14 mm, 16 mm, 18 mm and 20 mm, so you can fine-tune the power and delivery for your guns needs. It is highly recommended to select options with your nearest Spearfishing Australia Partner for the most appropriate rubber thickness and length to suit your diving needs.
Rob Allen Genuine Accessories
With the best Spearguns in the world, comes the best accessory range. Rob Allen genuine accessories are renowned as being the best on the market by resellers the world over. From float lines, to a simple swivel clip, to adding a loading butt to your gun or the every popular Rob Allen cray net bag, there is an extensive line of accessories to suit your every need. Only the best material vendors make it through the rigorous Rob Allen quality checks and into the production line. Add some to your dive bag today and rest assured for your fishing in the future.
Rob Allen Masks, a divers best friend
Arguably the most important piece of any divers kit, a properly fitted mask can be the difference between landing that prize fish and the worst diving experience of your life. Masks, such as the Rob Allen Couta Mask, Cubera and Snapper all offer low volume, supreme comfort and excellent visibility. Choose between a Split lens, lower volume mask or a single lens mask that provides better overall visibility. All Rob Allen Masks us 100% liquid Silicone skirts that enables easy equalisation and offer incredible fit and comfort during use. Lenses are available in clear or flash-tinted lens to shield against UV rays and provide better visibility in low-light. Rob Allen has a mask designed to fit most face shapes. Getting a mask that fits to the individual shape of your face is the key. For a customer fitting experience, visit a Spearfishing Australia Partner today or shop via the website and make the most of the hassle free returns policy to select and find the mask that suits you best.
Spearfishing Australia Partners
Spearfishing Australia Partners are a network of stores across Australia servicing customers nation wide with the best brands, service, industry knowledge and know how available. Independently owned an operated each has their own unique offerings. Specialists on rigging, advise and with access to the best warranty programs and direct brand back up service programs, your next purchasing decision will be made simple at a Spearfishing Australia. Offerings to customers like flat rate shipping, free shipping, click and collect are just the beginning. For, phone number, website or email address of your nearest partner, visit https://spearfishing.wpengine.com/our-partners/