The Rob Allen roller gun has been a labour of love for the family at Rob Allen Spearguns in South Africa. Two years of design and testing and over 50 prototype heads later Rob released what he believes to be the most accurate and powerful gun he has ever brought to market.
Roller guns have come to revolutionise the spearfishing industry offering greater power, range and accuracy than what was previously possible in a compact package. Chasing large game fish with a 1.1m speargun used to be considered foolish in most parts of the world but not now. With hundreds of prized gamefish being taken with compact 90-110cm roller guns around the world.
As always Rob Allen wanted to ensure he used all of his team’s skills in engineering and development to overcome some of the shortfalls with existing roller gun design while making a more efficient system that was easier to work with day to day.
It wasn’t just the head design he could improve. Rob and the team soon realised the anchor system and rubber lengths used could be improved significantly to store even more energy.
Key features include:
- Oversize rollers reducing the initial effort to load the band
- Line groove: a dedicated groove has been moulded into the underside of the muzzle to direct and protect the shooting line during hunting
- Multi-use line anchor for bungee or as a reel line guide
- Angled band protectors ensure the bands do not overshoot the muzzle.
- Quad ceramic bearings: ceramic is one of the hardest materials available and ensure that no salt, sand or grit will cause any issues. It’s also a very smooth surface, reducing friction and increasing the speed of the system. This has increased the efficiency of Rob Allen’s roller head by over 15% compared to many of the heads on the market not supporting ceramic bearings.
- Roller shields on the underside prevent the shooting line from catching up in the rollers
- High wishbone risers ensure that there is plenty of clearance for a finned shaft to be used and not foul on the bands.
- The shaft guide extends out past the muzzle ensuring the shaft is supported until the band has come to rest at the end of the shot.
- Secure male/female sleeve system ensure the most secure fitment on the barrel.
The Rob Allen features we know and love:
Limited Lifetime warranty on core components
Smooth solid trigger mechanism with stainless steel components and reinforced cartridge casing
Comfortable and ergonomic handle design with loading butt
Swivel clip attachment point
Heavy duty T6061 alloy barrel with integrated rail
High quality Rob Allen 16mm powerbands
The famous Rob Allen 7.5mm treated spring steel shafts, still the straightest and strongest on the market