The Redback range of products represents our focus to produce an essential range of everything you need and nothing you don’t.
The Redback railgun comes in core sizes:
- 800mm – 1200mm (500mm & 700mm with cluster)
It represents excellent value for money. Using our tried and proven Ocean Hunter handle and mechanism, now molded in glass reinforced nylon for increased durability; the mechanism also features:
- High-quality stainless steel trigger and line release.
- A comfortable loading butt is included to help make the loading process easier.
Reliable aircraft-grade aluminium barrel with integrated shaft rail ensures straight and accurate shots. The rail perfectly matches our 7mm spring steel shaft that is included and supports the shaft for the length of the railgun.
A traditional bulk rubber closed muzzle allows the use of a wide range of spear diameters, and the addition of:
- A second 16mm band
- Our team diver preferred 2x14mm Ocean Hunter bands with dyneema bridles.
The Redback includes:
- A single wrap of 400lb monofilament with quality crimps
- An Ocean Hunter gun bungee with swivel clip
- A ready to connect shark clip with swivel on the handle for connecting your float line
- A fast loading 16mm dyneema powerband which supplies ample power and speed to the 7mm coated spring steel shaft.
The new smaller Redback configuration is made for shallower, murkier fishing, where range is less important. Cluster head comes standard in these new lengths, perfect for bottom-dwelling fish like flathead or flounder. Cluster heads increase the target area, and with its smaller barbs, attach to the fish (ideally) in multiple places, preventing “tear-out” with smaller, thinner fish species.